|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Program Type:||Global Learning Faculty-led||Language of Instruction:||English|
|Language Prerequisite:||No||Fields of Study:||Linguistics, Philosophy|
Spain - Barcelona
LING 237B 5 credits
Back to top
Explore the diversity and complexity of language in an international setting.
- Spend 5 weeks immersed in Barcelona and Catalonia culture
- Experience the nighttime festivities of Saint Joan during the summer solstice
- Engage with local merchants and community members to discover the importance of language, culture, and national identity.
- Explore cultural and historic places like the Raval, Montserrat, Tarragona and Girona
- Earn 5 WWU GUR credits in this international mecca
- Choose from one of six international course electives and earn 4 international credits:
- Contemporary Spanish Society
- Great 20th Century Artists: Dalí, Picasso, and Miró
- Sports and Society in Spain
- Management Across Borders
- Cross-Cultural Psychology and Early Childhood Education
- Spanish language (at any level)
LING 237B: Course Syllabus
INTL 205: Contemporary Spanish Society Syllabus
INTL 205: Great 20th Century Artists Syllabus
INTL 205: Sports and Society in Spain Syllabus
INTL 205: Management Across Borders Syllabus
INTL 205: Cross-Cultural Psychology and Early Childhood Education Syllabus
INTL 205: Spanish (at any level)
Kristin Denham is Professor of Linguistics in the English Department at Western Washington University. She hails from the hills of Virginia, studied Linguistics and French at Swarthmore College in Pennsylvania, received her MA in Linguistics from the University of Arizona, and her PhD in Linguistics from the University of Washington. During college, she spent a year studying in Grenoble, France, and enjoyed traveling around Europe.
In addition to linguistics, Kristin’s other passions are exploring the outdoors, eating fine food, enjoying her three teenagers’ and their activities, and traveling.
Back to top
Please click the budget sheet for program cost and payment information
To learn more about the Faculty-led Global Learning Programs and to see Information Session details please visit Western Washington University's Travel Abroad page.