The WWU Education Abroad (EdAbroad) Annual Photo Contest is designed to encourage returned education abroad participants to share their experience abroad with the WWU community.
Open to all WWU students who studied abroad on WWU approved programs during the 2016 Calendar Year.
- Sunday, October 16th, 2016 at 11:59pm (Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall, Academic Year, & Calendar Year Programs)
Requirements and Submission Instructions:
- Students must have participated, or are currently participating on an ACCREDITED WWU study abroad program AND have a complete EdAbroad application through WWU to be eligible.
- Only one entry per category is allowed. See categories below.
- Submit your photograph in digital format through the online application as instructed.
- Images must be no larger than 2Mb with a resolution of at least 240dpi. Photos that do not meet these specifications WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Complete all online application materials in full and include required information for each entry as instructed in the questionnaires online.
Please Note: Only fully completed online applications will be considered. Photos will be uploaded to Facebook for online voting, followed by an EdAbroad Panel Review. Both Facebook voting results and the EdAbroad Panel Review will be factors in the selection of winners for each category. Upon completion of the contest, all contestants will be notified of the results through the WWU email system. Winners will be announced by October 25th, 2016!
For all Contestants and Winners:
- All photo entries will be displayed on the Education Abroad website, and Facebook page, and potentially other websites throughout the academic year.
- The winning photographs within each category will be printed in poster format with your photo and quote and featured on display during our campus International Education Week, November 14-18, 2016.
- Contestants with winning photos will receive a poster of their winning photo.
Photographs of you discovering important natural or urban landmarks, architecture or landscapes.
Discovering Local Culture
Photographs of traditions, people, festivals, sports, dress or other activities relevant to the host culture.
Viking Pride Abroad:
Photographs of WWU students sporting WWU gear abroad.
Community Engagement & Service Learning Abroad:
Photographs of learning abroad in & outside the classroom- learning from the host culture, or sharing your culture with others. (Examples: excursions, field trips, internships, service or volunteer projects,etc)
That Ah-Hah! Moment:
Photographs that capture something you saw or experienced while abroad that significantly impacted or inspired you.
Best Photographer Skills:
Photographs that display your talents as a photographer or that captured that perfect moment in time.
*EdAbroad staff will vote and select a feature photograph from all submissions as the "Staff Favorite."
Most Epic Selfie:
Photographs that feature you in epic scenes abroad.
PLEASE NOTE: For all entries, your written explanation of the photo, its significance, and the impact it had on you is as important as the photo itself.
When you click on Apply Now, please select, Fall 2016 for the Available Term and then you will be prompted to enter the itinerary destination and dates for your education abroad experience. If you traveled to more than one location, you may enter multiple itineraries.