Skip to content

Travel Resources

U.S. Department of State Students Abroad


Air Travel

Rail Travel

Bus Travel

Ferry/Boat Travel

Sustainable Travel

Foreign Consulates & Embassies in U.S.

Passports & Visas


  • Youth Vote Overseas: Online access to voter registration needs for overseas American citizens who wish to participate in federal elections.

Calling & Communications



For Western students, faculty and staff traveling abroad and engaged in educational activities, a number of health plans are available. For student programs, see: Student Travel Abroad Health Insurance Information.  Western requires evidence of health insurance (photocopy of insurance confirmation letter or I.D. card) and a completed Health Insurance Questionnaire in the online Education Abroad application.  The University policy Traveling Outside the U.S. (POL U5950.17) applies to travel abroad for students, faculty and staff.

Country Specific Information

Food & Dining

Pre-Departure Information

Student Blogs, Photo/Video Contests, Travel Writing and Articles

Identity and Diversity Abroad



WWU Accessibility Notice