Integrated Studies Program - Barcelona, Spain
Why choose Barcelona?
Experience the typical hustle and bustle of a busy city on La Rambla, take a stroll through one of the many barrios, or enjoy any of its famous Mediterranean beaches. This urban city is host to several UNESCO World Heritage sights, attracting millions of tourists each year.
About the Integrated Studies Program
The Integrated Studies program is specially designed for students who want a rich immersion experience on a Spanish campus. The program integrates thoughtful synthesis of homestays, study visits, language exchanges, volunteer, and other cultural opportunities into the curriculum, so that you may more fully integrate into the catalan culture.
The goal of the Integrated Studies Program is to guide you to live as a member of catalan culture, while gaining a profound understanding of your surroundings. Courses designed for international students learning Spanish and access to abundant cultural resources, workshops, and activities allow you to more fully integrate into campus life at Universitat Pompeu Fabra. A special Spanish Studies Abroad designed course in cultural immersion helps you to process your study abroad experience.Through this coursework, homestays with native families, and multiple cross-cultural opportunities, students will find Spanish Studies Abroad in Barcelona to be a highly immersive study abroad experience.
LEARN THE LANGUAGE...
- Intensive Language Period, designed to prepare you for life and study at Universitat Pompeu Fabra
- Guided direct enrollment in courses specifically-designed for international students learning Spanish
- Classes taught by Spanish professors
- 12-18 credits per semester
- Full access to university facilities
- Independent Research Projects available
- Intercambios with native speakers
- Internship Add-On
Enhance your study abroad program in Barcelona with an internship at a local business or organization. This is not a stand-alone program.
- Spring term only
- 4 semesters of college Spanish or the equivalent (UPF recommends 5 semesters)
- 3.3 GPA Overall
TRAVEL THE LAND...
- All-inclusive program-sponsored study trips
- Visits to locations such as Sitges, Figueres, Museo Dalí, Montserrat and more.
- Optional excursions to various other sites in Spain
LIVE THE LIFE...
- Spanish Studies Abroad-designed course to aid cultural adaptation
- Organized cultural activities with Spanish and international students
- Citywide festivals, upbeat nightlife and rich cultural attractions
- Volunteer opportunities
- Access to campus life through student clubs, organizations, and university events
- Homestays with local families
Integrated Program Inclusions:
- Tuition, room & board, meals
- Support of the onsite Spanish Studies Abroad Resident Director and staff
- Pre-departure support
- Health Insurance
- Overnight and local study visits
- Cultural activities
- Spanish Studies Abroad transcript
- Optional trips and activities are also available through the university!
- 2 courses of advanced college-level Spanish or the equivalent, or heritage speaker
- Class standing junior or senior during program
- 3.0 GPA overall; no exceptions
- 3.0 GPA in Spanish Coursework
Spanish Studies Abroad
446 Main Street
Amherst MA, 01002
tel: (413) 256-0011