CIEE: Global Institute Open Campus Grants
There are now ten Global Institute
locations – Copenhagen, Berlin, London, Rome, Paris, Madrid, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro, Santiago and Cape Town.
Each Institute provides opportunities for students to study many disciplines/majors in English as well as language study at all levels.
Global Institute ACADEMIC TRACKS at all locations·
- Language, Literature, and Culture
- Communications, Journalism and New Media
- Health Sciences
- International Relations and Political Science
- Environmental Science & Sustainability
Education Abroad is offering multiple CIEE Open Campus grants for WWU students who choose to study at the above locations for at least 2 blocks for Fall 2018!
CIEE continues to offer over $5 million in scholarships and grants each year as part of our mission to make study abroad accessible to all students. Students nominated for Open Campus Grants are encouraged to also apply for CIEE Scholarships & Grants in their CIEE application – including the most popular GAIN Travel Grant for international airfare.
Please APPLY! There are 5 grants available to WWU students for Fall 2018!
- Students must start an application for a 2 or 3-block semester to be eligible
- 3-Block Semester (18-weeks)
- Students who attend one Global Institute location receive a $4000 grant
- Students who attend 2 or 3 Global Institute locations receive a $6000 grant
- 2-Block Quarter (12-weeks)
- Students who attend one Global Institute location receive a $2700 grant
- Students who attend 2 Global Institute locations receive a $4000 grant
* After the application deadline, WWU Education Abroad staff will review applications and notify recipients, as well as notify CIEE of awardees.
Learn more about the CIEE Global Institutes
for 2 or 3 blocks! Remember if you wish to partake in an Internship during your program you need to be in the same location for at least 2 blocks!
These scholarships will be applied to the total program cost of CIEE.
• Must be accepted to one of the CIEE Global Institutes
for Fall blocks 1,2 or 3.
• Must also complete the WWU Education Abroad application for the CIEE Global Institute by the program deadlines.
• Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5
• Sophomore status by start of program.
• Willingness to participate in our Western Abroad Blogs
or Travel Writing Program
, OR willingness to participate in a presentation upon return from your study abroad experience to promote international education within your department/on campus in some capacity based on your availability and scheduling.
• Must be in need of financial assistance (not necessarily on financial aid).
WWU Accessibility Notice