The University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) is situated in the vibrant and culturally diverse city of Sydney, within Sydney’s creative industries precinct. The City Campus is located across the street from Central Station, Sydney’s major train and bus station, easily connecting students to nearby suburbs and beaches. It is also a short walk from Darling Harbor.
ISEP Exchange: undergraduate and graduate programs available for semester placements only
Chance of Placement
Very Limited chance of placement on ISEP Exchange. To increase your chance of placement on Exchange, ISEP recommends listing this site as your first choice.
Semester 1: mid-February to late-June; Semester 2: late July to late November
Special Academic Conditions
- Business (Accounting, Economics, Marketing, Finance, Management, Sport Management, Event Management, Tourism)
- Communication (Social Inquiry, Sound & Music Design, Writing & Cultural Studies, Comm. Law, Information, Media & Knowledge Mgmt, Journalism, Media Arts & Production, Public Communication)
- Design/Architecture/Building (Animation, Architecture, Construction Project Management, fashion and textile design, industrial design, interior and spatial design, photography and situated media, visual communication (graphic design), property economics)
- Engineering (Computer Systems Eng., Electrical Eng., Software Eng., Civil Eng., Eng. Management, Environmental Eng, Mechanical and Mechatronics Eng., Systems & Operations Eng., Telecommunications Eng., Biomedical Eng.)
- Health (Nursing, Sport & Exercise, Health Services Management)
- Information Technology (Software Development & Programming, Systems Design & Analysis, Web & Cloud Computing, Business Analysis, Computer Science, Data Analytics/Mining, Games Development, IT Management & Leadership, Information Systems, Networking & Security, Multimedia & Graphics)
- International Studies
- Science (Chemistry, Physics, Nanotechnology, Environmental Science & Marine Biology, Forensic Science, Mathematics & Statistics, Medical Science, Biomedical Sciences, Biotechnology, Traditional Chinese Medicine)
Engineering internships, Nursing classes with clinical placements, and Education placements are closed to ISEP students. Media Arts Production may have limited availability.
Special ISEP Application Instructions
Students will need to fill out UTS' online application after they have been confirmed. Instructions will be included in the acceptance packet.
Housing and Meals
Students are usually housed in single rooms within a 5-person apartment in one of the residence halls located on campus. Most residence halls have fantastic additional features, including music practice rooms, barbecue facilities on all rooftops, gardening areas, and great kitchen facilities. Married student housing is NOT available. Students receive a stipend for 19 meals per week.
International students have many opportunities to participate in extra-curricular activities as there are more than 90 student organizations available, such as sports, activities, hobbies, and academic clubs. The Exchange and Study Abroad Club brings together international and local students for cultural exchange, social activities, and travel.
(Internships, Service-Learning, Volunteering, etc.)
The Community Connections program provides many opportunities for volunteering in the community through campus organizations. Internships are available through selected departments; contact your ISEP Coordinator and faculty advisor upon arrival.
The University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) is ranked 29th in the world’s Top 50 under 50 in the QS Global Index of newer universities. UTS offers practice-based learning in cutting-edge facilities and our courses are continually updated to reflect developments in research and technology. More than 150 companies partner with UTS, sharing their resources and expertise.