Summer Term - Barcelona, Spain
As Spain’s second largest city, Barcelona embodies every quality of a European city. Experience the typical hustle and bustle of a busy city on La Rambla, take a stroll through one of the many barrios or enjoy any of its famous Mediterranean beaches. The urban city is host to several UNESCO World Heritage Sites, attracting millions of tourists each year.
Spanish Studies Abroad Summer Term in Barcelona is specially designed for students entering absolute beginner to high-advanced Spanish levels who want a rich immersion experience on a Spanish campus. This intensive language program is enhanced by homestays, study visits, cultural activities, and optional complementary survey courses, all of which help to bring context to the language and enhance immersion.
Learn the Language...
- Guided direct enrollment in courses specifically-designed for international students learning Spanish
- Classes taught by Spanish professors
- Intercambios with native speakers
Travel the Land...
- All-inclusive program-sponsored study trips
- Visits to locations such as Sitges, Figueres, Dali Museum, Montserrat and more!
- Optional excursions to various other sites in Spain
Live the Life...
- Organized cultural activities with Spanish and international students
- Citywide festivals, upbeat nightlife, and rich cultural attractions
- Access to campus resources
- Homestays with local families
The goal of the Spanish Studies Abroad Summer Term is to guide you to live as a member of your host community, while gaining a profound understanding of your surroundings. Courses designed for international student learning Spanish and access to cultural resources, workshops, and activities allow you to more fully integrate into campus life at Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF).
Through university coursework, homestays with native families, and multiple cross-cultural opportunities, students will find Spanish Studies Abroad in Barcelona to be a highly immersive and integrated study abroad experience.
Spanish Studies Abroad program fees include tuition, room & board, meals, support of the onsite Resident Director, pre-departure support, laundry, overnight and local study visits, cultural activities, orientation, health insurance, and a Spanish Studies transcript. Optional trips and activities are also available.
- 3.0 overall GPA - no exceptions made
- Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate program and have a sophomore, junior or senior status at the moment of the application process.
- Individual courses may have language pre-requisites
Start your online application today
Spanish Studies Abroad
446 Main Street
Amherst MA, 01002