Coming Back to Western


EdAbroad requires that you request a transcript from your study abroad program to be sent to the EdAbroad office. Transcripts received in the EdAbroad office will be processed and sent to the Registrar’s to be posted on your WWU transcript.  Please inform your program to send an official transcript to the following address:

Education Abroad
Western Washington University
516 High Street, Miller Hall 208
Bellingham, WA 98225-9094

Official electronic transcripts must be sent to or

Please remember that the official transcript from your program will take time to arrive and be processed. You will be notified when EdAbroad receives your official transcript. If EdAbroad does not receive a transcript, the credits with no grade may be assigned a “IP” grade until a transcript arrives and is processed. After one year if no transcript has been received, credits with a “IP” will convert to a “Z” or “U” (Failure/Unsatisfactory).

Request an official WWU transcript.

Housing Resources

Former EdAbroad Peer Advisor, Danielle wearing her graduation sash from South Africa


You are responsible for registering yourself for classes the quarter you return to WWU home campus. The same registration dates and times will apply to you. This means you might have to register yourself while you are still abroad. You can register yourself for classes online. For more information about registering online, please visit the Registrar’s Office.

Reapply to WWU

If you have taken a quarter or more away from WWU after your study abroad (except for summer quarter), you will need to apply to WWU as a returning student. As long as you are enrolled through EdAbroad while you are on your study abroad or exchange program, you will continue to maintain your student status and there is no need to reapply. You will need to complete the Returning Student Application and pay a non-refundable application fee.

Please visit the Admissions website for more information and deadlines for the application.

Graduation Sash

If you studied or interned abroad or virtually for Western credit, or if you are an international student, you are eligible to purchase an international flag sash for graduation.

The sash displays the colors of the flag of your home country or the country in which you completed your study abroad program or internship. The sash can be worn over your graduation gown during the commencement ceremony. This is a great way to proudly display your home country or education abroad experience!

Single or dual country sashes are available.

Order your sash!