Share your experiences through digital storytelling!
Digital Stories are short web-based videos that utilize a combination of photographs, videos, animation, sounds, music, text, and often a narrative voice. These are great ways to highlight one or more aspects of your international experience in an engaging, effective, and impactful way.
- Check out IIE’s “Voices Video Challenge“
- How to create your own:
- Brainstorm ideas while abroad.
- Determine a slice of your experience abroad that you would like to articulate concisely.
- Try writing a script for your story.
- Goal is to produce a digital story of about 3 minutes. How many words is that? That totally depends on the other elements you use, including silence and music. Generally, it’s about 200 words.
- Collect images, sound recordings, videos, etc. to construct your digital story.
- Utilize Software, note that these are available in most computer labs for WWU student use: