MAPs are being updated
These pages are currently under revision, and may not have a complete list of programs. Please contact Hannah Nevitt to explore all program options.
The following programs offer significant coursework and immersion opportunities for Finance and AACSB Accredited Programs. This is meant to highlight a variety of programs by region. Please note there are many other options available beyond what is listed. This is not a guaranteed list for credit transfer. Students must obtain department advisor approval for fulfilling degree requirements. Students must apply to both the provider through the links below, and to WWU Education Abroad.
University Catalog: Finance BA requirements
After you decide on a program and the courses you will take abroad, you must complete the Departmental Academic Advising Esign Form with your academic advisor. The form must be completed before your program commences. In addition, students must submit the Transfer Equivalency E-sign form for credit transfer.
Review Your Degree Works
Web4U > Student > Student Records > Degree Works. Follow steps to see what you have completed, and what you still need for your degree plan. At least 50% of the credit hours required for the major/minor must be earned at Western.
An official transcript from your program must be sent to Education Abroad for processing upon completion of your program.
- Independent organizations that facilitate or administer study abroad programs for students
- Quarter, semester, academic year, calendar year, and summer
- Pay a program fee that includes tuition, housing, etc. (varies)
- More services provided
- Often includes excursions, onsite pickup, varied housing options
- Part time internships can be available for credit
- ISEP stands for International Student Exchange Program
- Students can choose from over 135 universities in 36 different countries
- Students provide ISEP with a list of preferred sites. Chance of placement varies from site to site.
- Semester & year-long options only
- Pay WWU in-state tuition and mandatory fees
- Room & board paid to WWU
- Take courses with international students at universities abroad
- More independent and less services provided
Research, Fellowships & Grants
- Princeton in Asia Fellowship - Teaching and Service Field Placements in Asia Post Grad
While more than half of the Fellows are employed as English teachers at universities, colleges, and high schools, there are also specialized positions with organizations that contribute to the following global issues: education, environmental sustainability, public health, media, economic development, and peace, justice, and access to information.
Award amount: Local stipend paid directly by the host organization. The stipend is intended to cover the cost of safe housing, clean food and drinking water, basic telecommunications, and local travel.
- UK Fulbright: Lancaster University Award in STEM
Covers a three-to-six month research project in any STEM field at the university.
This funding is intended as a contribution towards US-UK travel, institutional fees, accommodation, and general maintenance costs while in the UK.
In the UK, master's degrees are typically one-year programmes (full-time).
Award amount: £2,625 per month
- Fulbright Fellowship/Student Program
The Fulbright U.S. Student Program offers research, study, and teaching opportunities in over 140 countries to recent graduates and graduate students.
Award amount: Subject to the availability of federally-appropriated funds
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship
Scholarship for Pell Grant eligible students
Award amount: Grants averaging up to $3,000 for Summer, $5,000 for Semester/Quarter, $8,000 for Critical Language Study