* Virtual Global Internships & Study Abroad
MAPs are being updated
These pages are currently under revision, and may not have a complete list of programs. Please contact Hannah Nevitt to explore all program options.
This MAP highlights Virtual Global Study & Internship programs. Please note there are more opportunities beyond what is listed here, and this is not a guaranteed list for credit transfer. Students will still need to meet with their major/minor departments to discuss fulfilling degree requirements. Students must apply to both the provider through the links below, and to the WWU Education Abroad office.
Office: Miller Hall 208
Virtual Global Internship*: Students complete an online internship with an internationally based placement (for credit, not for pay) that is usually accompanied by an “Internship Course” at part-time or full-time status. The course may include discussions on work-place differences, and provide check-in opportunities with onsite professionals on projects to support your international work experience.
*Internship approval: Students need approval by a WWU faculty advisor who will determine how the internship will be evaluated and graded.
- Independent organizations that facilitate or administer study abroad programs for students
- Quarter, semester, academic year, calendar year, and summer
- Pay a program fee that includes tuition, housing, etc. (varies)
- More services provided
- Often includes excursions, onsite pickup, varied housing options
- Part time internships can be available for credit