* Virtual Global Internships & Study Abroad
MAPs are being updated
These pages are currently under revision, and may not have a complete list of programs. Please contact Hannah Nevitt to explore all program options.
This page highlights Virtual Global Study & Internship programs. Please note there are many other options available beyond what is listed. This is not a guaranteed list for credit transfer. Students must obtain department advisor approval for fulfilling degree requirements. Students must apply to both the provider through the links below, and to WWU Education Abroad.
Krista Mantello, MBA
Office: Remote/Miller Hall 205A
Office: Remote/Miller Hall 208
Virtual Global Internship*: Students complete an online internship with an internationally based placement (for credit, not for pay) that is usually accompanied by an “Internship Course” at part-time or full-time status. The course may include discussions on work-place differences and provide check-in opportunities with onsite professionals on projects to support your international work experience.
*Internship approval: Students need approval from a WWU faculty advisor who will determine how the internship will be evaluated.
Learn more about virtual options.
After you decide on a program and the courses you will take abroad, you must complete the Departmental Academic Advising Esign Form with your advisor before your program commences.
Review Your Degree Works
Web4U > Student > Student Records > Degree Works. Follow steps to see what you have completed, and what you still need for your degree plan. At least 50% of the credit hours required for the major/minor must be earned at Western.
An official transcript from your program must be sent to Education Abroad for processing upon completion of your program.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Things to Consider
- Cost of Living around the World
- Consider an International Studies Minor to globalize your degree
- Independent organizations that facilitate or administer study abroad programs for students
- Quarter, semester, academic year, calendar year, and summer
- Pay a program fee that includes tuition, housing, etc. (varies)
- More services provided
- Often includes excursions, onsite pickup, varied housing options
- Part time internships can be available for credit